The 2021 SystemSpecs Children’s Day Essay Competition (CDEC) is NOW OPEN.
This essay competition is an opportunity for your children/siblings/wards to make you proud and win amazing prizes.
Having gone through the TIPS for entry submission and become familiar with the few entry submission STEPS, you are now ready to enter your children/siblings/wards for the competition.
SystemSpecs is one of Africa’s leading Fintech and HR Tech organisations with about 30 years of successful innovation and operations. Some of their brands you may be familiar with include Remita, Paylink and HumanManager.
SystemSpecs CSR Focus – Indigenous ICT Capacity Development
A major aspect of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the development of indigenous ICT capacity for national prosperity. We believe that stimulating the minds of young Nigerians to consider the adoption of technology to address everyday problems around them can contribute to achieving this objective.
Some of the activities we have undertaken in this regard in the recent past include:
- Remita Summer Coding Camp
- Code Lagos
Annual Children’s Day Essay Competition
In furtherance of our technology capacity development focused CSR, we inaugurated in 2020 the SystemSpecs Annual Essay Competition that presents children between ages 9-16 an opportunity to think of solving specific national problems with technology.
2021 Edition – Participation Details
Topic: Building a more Secure Nigeria using Technology
- Junior (age 9-12) – maximum 1,000 words
- Senior (age 13-16) – maximum 1,500 words
- Language: English
- Number of entries per participant: One
- Submission Portal Opens: 10 AM, April 1, 2021
- Submission Portal Closes: 6 PM, April 23, 2021
- Entry Endorsement: Entry must be endorsed by an accredited school official OR Parent OR Legal Guardian.
- Eligibility: Children in Nigeria who would be 9 years and not older than 16 years by May 26, 2021
- Winners Announcement: Thursday, May 27, 2021
- Award Ceremony: Friday, June 4, 2021.
HERE are a few tips to help you with your essay as we look forward to celebrating you and your school at this year’s competition.
Click HERE to read the competition’s Terms and Conditions.